1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 7, 2010 2:04 PM by techiejw

Controlling active button colors

CarlaS

Title

Controlling active button colors

Is there a way to control the color of an active button?

When a button is clicked, it temporarily changes to another color while the script is being executed.  Our button color is a muted blue (R-22, G-87, B-136).  When the buttons are clicked, they turn to an awful orange color.  Is there a way to change this to another color?

Thanks!

Carla

BACKGROUND INFO:

We are using Filemaker Pro 10 Advanced and Filemaker Server 10 Advanced. Filemaker Server Advanced is running on a Windows PC server. We have about 25 Filemaker client users (both Mac & PC). We also have non-Filemaker client users for employees company wide to access a couple of layouts via Custom Web Publishing. Our company has been using this Filemaker database since 1998. I personally have been using Filemaker since the late 1980’s when it was called Claris Works. We just recently upgraded from Filemaker 5 to Filemaker 10 and are in the process of a major overhaul of the entire database. Records in the main table represent individual marketing jobs (usually print jobs - i.e. brochure, forms book, mailer, etc.). Then, we have about 18 related tables for tracking various aspects of a job through the production schedule, from job initiation to completion. It tracks milestone due dates, design specs, licensing information, inventory, distribution, costs, etc.

• 1. Re: Controlling active button colors
          techiejw

I'm looking for the same answer as you, and I came across this message along with some replies that may help you.

Search for "how to disable button action". Fortunately, they say that it can be done - but unfortunately it would mean a work around with scripts. Nothing easily done, but maybe the future Filemaker 12 will have something :)