AnsweredAssumed Answered

Controlling multipage PDF export of data

Question asked by HugoLidia on Jul 8, 2012
Latest reply on Jul 10, 2012 by HugoLidia

Title

Controlling multipage PDF export of data

We have our database happily recording the results of our telephone calls/sales campaigns.  But the data is only useful if we can export and distribute it.  We have chosen to do this as a PDF of 2 of the 4 tab control panels that we use to capture the information.

At present we are aware of the  "Save/Send Record as......"  option in which we can select "PDF.." and then this can be attached to an e-mail.  This works fine manually for the screen that is currently being viewed.

How can I script it so that a button runs a script using the "Send Mail" command that combines the PDF that would be printed from tab 1 with the PDF of data from tab 2.  The bit I am struggling with is using something like a "go to object " command, as I do not know how to identify the tab control Page 1 and page 2 OBJECT NAME.

I would see the script running something like ;-

Commit Record/Request

Go to Object [Client details]

Save/send record as .......PDF  (save data in a named PDF file to a temporpary path)

Go to Object [Client details 2]

Save/send record as...... PDF ( where this is appended to the first PDF file generated]

Any ideas woul be creately appreciated, as this is the only outstanding feature of my database.

Cheers

Outcomes