1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 5, 2010 11:59 AM by philmodjunk

Converting FM 4.1 files to FM 11, missing records...

MichaelDeLaRosa

Title

Converting FM 4.1 files to FM 11, missing records...

I am converting some old FileMaker Pro 4.1 files to FileMaker Pro 11 files.  Most of the files and records have been converted successfully without any problems.  However, I have one small file that will convert without reporting any errors and the file structure is all in place from the previuos version, but the original file contains 357 records and the converted file only has 234 records. 

Before converting I made sure that I did a 'Find All' command so that all records are displayed in the original file. 

I also tried converting the file on another computer that has FileMaker Pro 8 and got the same results.

Any ideas as to why these records would be dropped from the converted file?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help here.

• 1. Re: Converting FM 4.1 files to FM 11, missing records...
          philmodjunk

A few things you can try:

Use FM 4 to recover the original file, then convert the recovered copy.

Save a clone of your 4.1 file and then import all the records from the original copy--this rebuilds all the indexes in the 4.1 file. Then convert this copy to FileMaker 11 format.

Export all the records from the 4.1 file into a tab, csv, excel or other common file format supported by both FMP 4.1 and FMP 11 for import and export. Then save a clone of your converted file and import from this intermediate file.