AnsweredAssumed Answered

Converting pre fp7 files with repeating fields to newer versions

Question asked by CableRisdon on Feb 18, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 18, 2013 by davidanders

Title

Converting pre fp7 files with repeating fields to newer versions

I've used fm5.5 for years now to manage my contacts, bids and invoices for a freelance business. Bought fm8 several years ago to update and convert the files.  Everything worked except the repeating fields in the invoice and estimate files.  It's a pretty simple set up. Enter quantity, then item number (from price list file) then description, price per, total cost per item come up.  With the converted files, the lookups only work on the first repetition.  I'm very much a novice and am trying to figure out about tables, portals, etc. and can't seem to make it work.  Does anyone have any ideas, or maybe know where I can find a template that might do it?  The converted files from earlier years show all the data I need and are now only used for archival purposes, but I'd like to be able to continue using this basic setup in the future.  I don't want to change to something like Quickbooks and have to manually reenter all the 2000+ contacts.  Advice or help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Outcomes