AnsweredAssumed Answered

Converting to FM Pro- Technical Questions

Question asked by cosmogrill on Jun 18, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 18, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Converting to FM Pro- Technical Questions

Hi All,

I am currently testing the latest FileMaker Pro as an potential solution for CRM needs (converting from Bento.) The only function I perform with it is to keep track of contacts (organized into groups, categories, locations, industries, etc…)

I have a few technical issues that prevent me to fully transfer my CRM to FileMaker Pro. I would greatly appreciate your help and support for a beginner!

1.     FONT SIZE: Using an iMac with the default OSX resolution, the text and seems a little too small for reading (in comparison with other devices such as the MacBook Air, in which the text is perfectly fine). This is easily being solved clicking at View-àZoom In function. However, every time I close and open the files, the zoom comes back to normal. Is there a way to have the “Zoom In” function permanently applied, or, alternatively, is there a way to assign a keyboard shortcut to the function?

2.     iPHONE: what would be the simplest way to sync iphone/ipad/imac/macbook? I couldn’t figure it out, as the manuals I found seems a bit too complicated for my technical skills. My work is online all the time, so a “master copy” is fine.

3.     I have used the Contacts template as my base and modified it. However, under the Contacts view, it sorts the contacts by last name. I would like them to be sorted alphabetically by FIRST name, but couldn’t find the function that is responsible for sorting. What would be the best way to go about it?

4.     I created a Date field that indicates each contact’s birthday. How can I display this information (in a form of a chronological list or in calendar), so I could keep track on each birthday when before it comes up.

It maybe too many beginner questions, so referral to the right resources could be good as well. I have very few and specific needs from FileMaker Pro, so it is a bit challenging to extract the right information from the comprehensive manuals.

Thanks for your help! 

Outcomes