3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2013 9:01 AM by philmodjunk

Copies of files not working off FM server

JaneSchneider

Title

Copies of files not working off FM server

We are using FM Pro 12.0v4 on a network of Macs with FM server.  We created copies of some files so we could archive older transactions.  We renamed them  and made sure the relationships were also updated.  We can see the files remotely and we can open them, but we cannot create new records, delete or duplicate.  We are able to perform finds and scripts.  We have the permissions set for all users to be able to read and write.  Any ideas why we cannot make changes to the exiting file?

• 1. Re: Copies of files not working off FM server
          davidanders

The databases were being hosted with FMPS - was the server shut down and files copied in the Finder?

Or saved as (copy, smaller, clone) from within FMPS?

The archive files are hosted by FMPS, or sitting on server to be opened by the workstations?
               Get Info on the databases, shows they are not locked (read only)?

If the copied databases are copied to a workstation, do they work as expected?

• 2. Re: Copies of files not working off FM server
            JaneSchneider

We were able to finally get the files to work properly.  just needed to restart server after changes we made remotely.  They all seem to work fine now.  

I do have another dilemma.  We know have 2 sets of files in the folder; 2012 and 2013. They are intermixed i.e. Ack 2012, Ack 2013, Invoice 2012, Invoice 2013, etc.  We need the 2013 files at the top with the 2012 following.  I tried adding a space to the name of the 2013 files which does put them in the correct order, but by changing the name, all the relationships were lost and the files couldn't "find each other".  Is there any way to custome order the list of files?

• 3. Re: Copies of files not working off FM server
              philmodjunk

I assume that you are referring to the list of files in the Open Remote dialog. You might choose to make just one file visible in this dialog and put a layout on it where you list controls for navigating to each of the files in question.