Is it possible to cut / paste an entire PART into another layout?
Yes, but the fields will appear only if the new layout is based on the same table.
This would include size of part, formatting, and all objects within.
Thanks for the reply. Could you tell me how?
Clicking on "Footer" and then copy/paste does not work.
Copy comes after Select.
So you have to select all the objects of the footer ( for example by dragging the mouse ), copy and paste.
Well, you have to create the part and then you can copy and paste all the objects contained in it in one operation.
- If the part does not exist on your target layout, create it and set any properties to match the part you are copying from your source layout.
- Click the part label in your source layout and copy the part's height from the object info palette.
- Paste this number into the target layout's height in the object info palette.
- Click in another box in the palette to see the height of the part change.
- Now select, copy, paste all layout objects from the source part to the target part.
Thanks for the info. I was aware of this method. I was hoping to avoid these extra steps.
Perhaps that should be a feature request.
I think so. What is the etiquette for submitting such a request?
submission complete! Thanks!