AnsweredAssumed Answered

Copy conditional number of multiple records between two tables in the same file

Question asked by ultranix on Nov 8, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 13, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Copy conditional number of multiple records between two tables in the same file

Intro. I have a database file of audio books, where the BASE table contains author, title, year, genre values. Child table TRACKS contains id_book (to which it relates to BASE), filename, track length.

Previously I only parsed .pls list (topic parse text from playlist) and added tracks in ACTION table only when I listened to it.

Now I want to add really change the setup, because TRACKS should only contain what it's supposed to - audiobook's filenames and track length's. ACTION table should track when I listened to particular bunch of tracks.

Idea. I have "Create Event" layout, where I place date, book (drop-down list from all books), and, track_start (drop-down list from all tracks from that book) and track_end. So, if I enter that I date: 2014-11-08, book: Seth Godin - Purple Cow, track_start: CD 01/Track 07.mp3, track_end: CD 02/Track 04.mp3, it would copy all the filenames starting with CD01/Track 07 and ending with CD02/Track04 with the date of 2014-11-08 to ACTION table, so I would track how many hours of audio books I listened.

Or is another option - joined table between TRACKS and ACTIONS more reasonable?

Either way, I don't know how to do it. So if someone could explain it, it would be great.

Outcomes