Copy Field to Related table ONLY IF not already present

So this is my Layout w/explaination:

Table A (VALUES) Holds combos of possible values. Setup this way

FIELDS:

Client, Facility, Building, Ward, Room

Table B (BUILDING_ID) Holds the image of each unique building

FIELDS:

Building_ID (auto Serial), Building_Name, Building_Image

What I need to accomplish here is to write a script that will automatically create a new record in table B. When a new unique building name has been created in table A.

This will allow an admin to go back into table B if needed and add a building image for each unique building name. One can assume that the building field in table A will have duplicates as all buildings have multiple wards. 

The script simply needs to copy the first instance of a new building name to table B, have the auto serial populate, and leave the building container image blank for later modification.

The plan is to display the building image in a layout via portal. Where if a building name is selected from a conditional value list and the user clicks a button, the button will look up the building name from table B and display its image if it is available.

Any suggestions, I normally work with Java, and filemaker scripting is throwing me for a real loop! Ive learned a little from PhilModJunk, but Im afraid to say Im still probably in the FMP12 noob category :(

Outcomes