AnsweredAssumed Answered

Copy Multiple Fields

Question asked by bb69 on Mar 26, 2009
Latest reply on Mar 27, 2009 by bb69

Title

Copy Multiple Fields

Hello,

I am a newbie to FM Pro.  I am taking over a database from someone else. I want to perfrom a search of the database to compare the amount of spare parts to the minimum amount of parts require to have as spares and then generate a list in a separate table. I have two tables in my database.  The first table is a parts inventory table which has the parts separated by project type.  I had to create the minimum parts field for each project.  That part worked fine.  I created a script to search all the records and compare the minimum parts field to the amount of spare parts available and then show the results of the records found.   In my second table, I created the fields I wanted to copy from the parts inventory table.The copy portion of my script is similar to this:

loop

Copy first field

go to layout of second table

new record

Paste field

go to  layout of first table

go to next record(exit if last)

end loop

I have about six fields to copy.   I would go back and forth between layouts to copy each field I need to the second table before moving on to the next record. Two of the fields are easy to copy from while the four others depend on the certain project fields.   Each of the four fields would have to copy from one of ten possible fields, depending on which project it is under.  

Is there an easier way to copy and paste fields from one table to another than going back and forth between tables?  

Thanks

Brian

Outcomes