AnsweredAssumed Answered

Copy multiple record from one table into one record in another table

Question asked by indyj on Aug 1, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 2, 2015 by indyj

Title

Copy multiple record from one table into one record in another table

I have a problem I can't seem to figure out, and was hoping somebody here could help. I have a database of skeletons, that contains a table into which records were added through a portal. The table (FracturebyBone) records observations of fractures per long bone, and each observation is one record. The fields are SkeletonID, FractureID, Bone, and FractureCode - i.e. each SkeletonID will have multiple Bone records: left humerus, right humerus, left ulna, and so on. 

I need to copy these records into a new table, (FracturebySkeleton), where each SkeletonID has only one record - i.e. the new fields should be SkeletonID and then one field for each bone (HumerusLeft, HumerusRight, UlnaLeft etc). I want to copy the FractureCode into the corresponding fields in the new table. The tables are related through the SkeletonID. 

Is there a calculation I could use in the FracturebySkeleton bone fields that would automatically copy matching records to the correct field from the FracturebyBone table? I tried setting the fields up as calculations like this (using the FracturebySkeleton::HumerusLeft field as an example):

If ( FracturebyBone::Bone = "Humerus Left" ; GetAsText ( FracturebyBone::FractureCode ) )

but it only works for the first field in the table, the others remain blank. 

Thankful for the help!

Outcomes