AnsweredAssumed Answered

Copy records from one to another table ?

Question asked by FredH on Nov 27, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 28, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Copy records from one to another table ?

Hi Experts,

I have 4 tables : 

• Project
  •      
  • Scenario
  •      
  • Forecasted Revenue
  •      
  • Realized Revenue

with : 
Project ---< Investment
Investment ---< Forecasted Revenue (1 Investment record = 6 Forecasted Revenue records (6 years))
Project ---< Realized Revenue (1 Project record = 10 Realized Revenue records (10 years))
Note : The 2 revenue tables are split because they have the same field names but for one they are calculated and for the other they are numbers.

When I create a new investment for a project, the first thing I do is set the forecasted revenue (budget) for the 6 years (i.e. 2015 -> 2020).
For the Realized Revenue for that same project, I will have to fill in the actual revenue (actuals) until 2014 but for 2015 -> 2020, I would need to copy the revenue that has been filled in in the Forecasted Revenue table.

This "copy" from one table to another could be done :

• either directly : when I enter the data in Forecasted Revenue, it copies automatically to Realized Revenue
  •      
  • via a button script : when I push the button, it takes all Forecasted Revenues for all Projects and copies it to the Realized Revenue table

Note : the Realized Revenue cannot be a "Calculated field" because I should be able to overwrite the budget numbers once the actuals will be available

Questions : 

• What is the best option?
  •      
  • What should I do to have the setup of the best option working? 

Thanks in advance for your input!
Kind regards,

_Fred_

Outcomes