AnsweredAssumed Answered

Copy Time Stamp from one portal to another portal

Question asked by MichaelShuger on Jun 23, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 25, 2013 by MichaelShuger

Title

Copy Time Stamp from one portal to another portal

I have triedseveral variations of scripts involving GetnthRecord and other things, but I cannot figure out how to to this.  I have a portal that times tamps procedures and I want to take the time stamp from each of those procedures and place it into a portal where I have invoices for those procedures.  This is so that when I fill out the invoice it creates its own timestamp and I can calulate the time from when the procedure started to when the invoice was created.  

I was trying to key of the associated serial ID from each procedure in the portal, but I was having no luck.  

I was trying things like:

GetNthRecord(Procedure::Date;Procedure::EnterNumber), (Where I used a field to input the serial record number)  but I think I do not understand the GetNthRecord function as I believe it does not key off the auto serial number of each record in the portal. Of course, the invoices table was seperate from the procedures table.  I was relating the tables only via the original key and a related foriegn key.  Although I tried various other realtionships as well.

TIA.

Outcomes