1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 14, 2013 12:38 PM by philmodjunk

Copying a container field from go to pro and back to go

jrobgk1

Title

Copying a container field from go to pro and back to go

I have a solution where a mechanic takes a photo of a problem on an iOS device.  That photo lives in a container field called RepairActions::Photo.  I want to paste that photograph into another table when an assignment is created to Assignments::Photo_Before to show the work that will be done compared to Assignments::Photo_After.

When I script the creation of the assignment (with various other data that works just find), the container gives me a result of 0.  No picture, just a zero.

Is there something I missed in the setup?  I used a copy and paste script step to copy the pic from RA::photo to Assg::photo_before (abbreviations used for brevity, they are not named that in my scripts or tables)...

Jesse

• 1. Re: Copying a container field from go to pro and back to go
          philmodjunk

And what script did you use? Without seeing that script, we can't tell what might have gone wrong with it.

I would set this up so that the photo does not need to be moved from one table to another. If you store that image in a record in a related table, you can access that image from other layouts/tables via relationships instead of physcially copying the image.

I'd only move the image into another table if that were part of a process that "synchs" the data back to a table on the server from a local file on the iOS device.

To post a script to the forum:

1.           You can upload a screen shot of your script by using the Upload an Image controls located just below Post A Answer.
          3.           You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF to your clipboard for pasting here. (with this approach, you can get multiple script steps on the same line, please edit the pasted text by inserting some returns to separate those steps.)
          5.           If You have FileMaker Advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
          7.           If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional and easier to read format.