1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 2, 2010 8:23 AM by TSGal

Corrupt database on V. 2.1 FileMaker

gjohnson_1

Title

Corrupt database on V. 2.1 FileMaker

I have a database created by someone else that I've been using for several years.  My computer crashed while using it and now when I try to bring it up, it says "<FILENAME> is damaged and cannot be opened.  Use the Recover command to recover".

I have tried the "CNTRL-SHIFT-OPEN" trick but that doesn't work.  I can't recover because I do not have the FileMaker application files to bring up and perform a recover (at least I can't find any - I didn't purchase the application software, just the completed database software.

Can anyone help me?  I know the obvious answer is use a backup, but my last backup is several hundred records shorter.  Please, anybody?

• 1. Re: Corrupt database on V. 2.1 FileMaker
          TSGal

gjohnson:

Thank you for your post.

Just to be sure, when you launch your application, do you have "Recover" listed under the File menu?  If so, select "Recover", select the damaged file, and execute.  This reads the information from the old file and creates a brand new file.  When finished, see if you are able to open the RECOVERED file.

If you do not have this option, then you'll have to revert to a backup.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.