1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 28, 2011 10:04 AM by LaRetta_1

Corrupted Portal ??

ArtStascausky

Title

Corrupted Portal ??

I was writing ID numbers in a many to many configuration using a portal. Movies and Actors are already in the system. I select actors from the Actors Table on the Movie Layout using a drop down with the Actor Name and the ActorID. The system works fine but in one of the applications I pasted the wrong field in the Portal and finished writing a new ActorID in the Actor Table instead of a new ActorID in the Role Table. I was forcing a new number in the auto enter serial field.

Since I discovered the error I replaced all records in the Actors and created a new portal. I entered numbers in the Role Table to create the proper relationships without using the portal. Now the Role Table field ActorID shows 1, 2 and 3 for different records but the Portal shows 1, 1, and 1 for the same field.(or 2, 2 and 2, ..)

It seems to me there is some corruption in the portal. If so, what is the best way to fix it?

Thank you

Art

• 1. Re: Corrupted Portal ??
          LaRetta_1

In layout mode, go to your portal.  The fields in the portal should all be based on exactly the same table occurrence name as the portal.

I susupect that the ActorID is still the one you pasted incorrectly (based upon the Actor's table)?  If so, double-click ActorID and respecify to Roles::ActorID.  It should then display 1, 2, 3 ?