AnsweredAssumed Answered

Corruption?

Question asked by RickWhitelaw on Mar 24, 2011
Latest reply on Mar 25, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Corruption?

Hi,

I've wrung my hands over this many times (thanks to avisos from posters on this forum) without actually ever encountering an issue with this file . I have one file of a seven-file solution that reports errors when recovered. As I've mentioned previously, this file has reported errors ever since its size was in the "Ks" . . . in other words, since it was created. This evening I ran Recover with almost every combination of Advanced options and I sense I've isolated the problem. When FMPA was trying to recover  Table " " it created a new table "Recovered" as well as a few fields named "Recovered" for a total of four objects created upon recovery. Of course Table " " doesn't exist.

Should I be worried about this? If I open the recovered file and delete the table and fields created by the recover process, then recover the "recovered" file again, no issues are presented. I find this odd. FM "finds" problems, creates a table and fields to "solve" the problem, but if I delete the stuff that FM has created during the recover process, I end up with a "clean" file!

Another issue, and I find this annoying, is when I create a DDR and do a find on the word "missing", I get hits on almost all files. Almost all of them involve a field "missing" from "Fields used in this script". Of course, in the actual body of the script, the word "missing" is nowhere to be found.

Thanks for your time,

RW

Outcomes