5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2011 9:05 AM by philmodjunk

Count / Summary of how many people signed up - Not in a Report ... Real Time Field

Stevehou

Title

Count / Summary of how many people signed up - Not in a Report ... Real Time Field

I am in FM 11 and have two tables.  One table is called EVENT and has a field called eSerialNumber.

The second table is called YOUTHSIGNEDUP and has a related field called yEventSerialNumber.

Putting the eEventSerialNumber in the yEventSerialNumber creates a new record in the YOUTHSIGNEDUP table.  Some youth sign up for event 123 and others sign up for event abc.  I need to be able to have a real time count of how many youth are signed up for event 123.

A report won't work.  I know how to create a REPORT that does a sub-summary which would tell me how many youth are signed up for each event but I need a real time count / summary of how many youth are signed up for each EVENT.

Why?  I need to know how many youth are signed up for any particular event so i can declare the event full (another calc field) when it reaches a certain number of enrolled youth.

I don't think a counter will work because youth are often removed and my count has to be accurate.

Thank You ... Thank You ... anyone?