4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2013 4:37 AM by RandyRisser

Count number groups and post results in another table

RandyRisser

Title

Count number groups and post results in another table

Hello,

I have a filemaker file with a table called subscriberid.

It has groups of numbers that are the same. I want to count each group of the same number and post from 1 to X beside the table  (X being how many there are total in a group)  I want to use this on a mailing list so I can print something like Pack 1 of 4, Pack 2 of 4 and so on.

example:

|subscriberid       |    count   |   (This is what I want to generate beside the subscriberid in a table called count.)

1                                  1                                  
           1                                  2                                  
           1                                  3                                  
           2                                  1                                  
           2                                  2                                  
           2                                  3                                  
           2                                  4                                  
           2                                  5                                  
           3                                  1                                  
           3                                  2                                  
           4                                  1                                  
           4                                  2                                  
           4                                  3                                  
           4                                  4                                  
           4                                  5                                  
           4                                  6                                  
           5                                  1                                  
           5                                  2                                  
           5                                  3                                  

What would be the script I would use to accomplish this? Sorry If I didn't make sence. I will try to explain better if need be.