Count related records with local variables
In my DB I'd like to have a script that checks related records missing and lists them. There can be missing records, as I have made imports from different .xls files. Thus one table contains 8100 records and the related one 8093.
I want to make it flexible, i.e. no hard-coding of table and field names.
So I do:
- create an array $$arrtables containing all the DB-tables
- Loop through $$arrtables and create $relationlist with RelationInfo ( $$arrtables[$n] )
- Loop through $relationlist to create $relation when I find $relationlist element value containing "::"
In my thoughts now I should:
- go to $$arrtables[$n] & "List" layout
- show all records
- Loop through each record
- if [not Count ( $relation ) ] create a new record in the RelateErr table for listing
Is the whole very cumbersome (I know it will take time to fulfil the script as I have, actually 02 tables with approx. 8000 records each, but a progress bar can be visualized)?
The only faster solution I can think of is to have a calculated field in each table that contains the number of related records. So I could just look for EQ 0 here and save to RelateErr table for listing.
But how can the whole be "flexible" as a table can have more than one relationship and so what would the parameter for the RelationInfo function be in this case?
Hope it's clear.
TIA for any advice.