AnsweredAssumed Answered

CountIf for a date range

Question asked by MegenLeigh on Apr 5, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 5, 2012 by MegenLeigh

Title

CountIf for a date range

OK, so I took on the task of learning Filemaker on my own to assist my team in moving off of an incredibly overworked spreadsheet for employee tracking.  Forgive me if I sound a little ignorant of the software.  I am.  We are tracking the number of customers each employee has referred to our Small Business Dept.  I need to find a way to have it count the number of times an employee name come up from the referral list within a set of date ranges.  Fiscal yr, quarter, month, and week.  Looking at some of the other countIf threads I can see how to build that if I'm just looking for instances of a unique value, for instance I could count the number of refferals that had a purchase associated with it, but without typing in a full quarter worth of dates which isn't scalable say next quarter or next year, I am not sure how to structure the formula.  Suggestions?  Is it even possible without a script?  Like lets say I want to count a range between Dec 31 2011 and March 31 2012 which was our Q2.  Any ideas would be helpful.

More Info: If it helps I have currently 2 tables.  1) is our Refferral list which is importing off of an excel spreadsheet weekly 2) is our Employee List which has the count fields on it.

Outcomes