2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2012 8:13 AM by gldiaz

Counting Business Visits

gldiaz

Title

Counting Business Visits

Hi,

I have over 130 Businesses that I must  visit thru-out the month. Some, multiple times. Now, Here's what I'm hoping some direction on.

I have FMK 11 with each business profile information noted; as "Name, address, city, Area and Performance Zone. I'm hoping for a way to count the number of times, I've visited a particular business, over a "Period of time". The count is to help me graph out what "City Region/Areas" are receiving more attention than others. There's (8) zones, with each noted as Zone 1,2,3, etc. The Areas are noted likel East, North, South, West.

I'm simply unsure where to start. Are there any similar solutions already in the forum that could help.
      If not, a little direction would be helpful.

Thks GD

• 1. Re: Counting Business Visits
          philmodjunk

I'd add a related table to log the visits. Your relationship might look something like this:

BusinessProfile::BusinessID = Visits::BusinessID

Visits can include a date field for recording the date of the visit and you can add fields as needed to document the visit such as a text field for logging the reason for the visit.

It will then be possible to count the records in this related table to get your counts broken down by business, zone or both and for specified date ranges.

• 2. Re: Counting Business Visits
            gldiaz

Thank you.

Will see how things go.