2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2014 6:53 AM by schmity

Counting in Related Tables that are not directly related.

schmity

Title

Counting in Related Tables that are not directly related.

I am trying to perform a count on a related table that is 1 table separated from where I want the count to take place.

I am trying to perform a count in the Work Order table of how many related records there are in the bump table with a status field that = Open and am having some problems.  These tables are related by another table called Ops.

Work Orders-->OPs-->Bump

I wrote a calculation field in the Work Order table that says Count (Bump:fkWO).  This counts the number of records in the bump table that are related to the work order, it works perfectly.

For the other calculation I need, I created a related table (Bump2) based of the Bump table with the following relationship

Work Order:pkWO = Bump2:fkWO                         
                    (pkWO is an auto assigned SN, fkWO is a calculation where bump:fkWO = Work Order:pkWO)

AND               

Work Order: matchopen= Bump2:status              
                   (matchopen is a calculation that = “Open” and I want it to match whenever Bump2:status = “Open”)

I created a calculation in Work Order table that says Count (Bumps2:_fkWO)

When I place this field on a layout, it just shows a "?". 

If I remove the pkWO = fkWO relationship, it will count ALL the bumps that have a status of open, so that part of it is working, but I need it to count only the ones related to that record in the Work Order table.

I've used this method to count things before in tables that were direct parent/child tables, but never with ones that had a table separating them.