5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2014 10:27 AM by philmodjunk

counting overtime

Maikel

Title

counting overtime

In my solution I generate a report in preview mode. I make my selection based on multiple days > 00-00-0000 00-00-000 <.

Currently I count the total hours per day whit a summery field (sub summery). Now I want to provide insight all the hours that have been made more than 8 per day. what is the best solution to calculate this out?

• 1. Re: counting overtime
          thong127

See this link from another forum

• 2. Re: counting overtime
            Maikel

thanks for the solution, but the solution is not the calculation I'm looking for. 

in this solution, the overtime is calculated on the basis of the total hours each week. In my solution I am looking for a solution for "x" hours a day. 

say;

Monday Work 5

Monday leisure time 4

8- work and leisure time = -1 so there is 1 overtime hour

• 3. Re: counting overtime
              philmodjunk

I suggest that you describe the design of your table(s) in more detail. I've held off answering here as I can picture multiple ways to set up what you are describing here.

• 4. Re: counting overtime
                Maikel

The records from the users are always meet the truth. When a user should start. at 7 pm but the user starts at 10am then should be recorded as the first 3 hours free time. even if it means that a user is working till 19AM on a project. In this case, the user 9 hour worked, which means.

3 hours free time
                     8 hours normal work time
                     1 Hour over time
                     TOTAL off 12 hours 

I generate All these records a list in preview mode. Now I am looking for a formula that calculated my overtime on all days of the report and this count all of the overtime together

• 5. Re: counting overtime
                  philmodjunk

The records from the users are always meet the truth.

I do not know what you mean by that. Are you using a web site or program to translate your words into English? If you did, it didn't translate into something that makes sense.

When a user should start. at 7 pm but the user starts at 10am then should be recorded as the first 3 hours free time. even if it means that a user is working till 19AM on a project.

19AM makes no sense as this is an impossible time value. Do you mean 19:00 hours (7:00 pm)?

But you have not fully answered my question.

I suggest that you describe the design of your table(s) in more detail

To ask the same thing with different words, how have you designed your database to record this information?