1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 28, 2013 8:36 AM by ninja

Counting populated fields on a layout and printing them in a related table field

FrankCloutier

Title

Counting populated fields on a layout and printing them in a related table field

Thank you for such a quick reply. You're absolutely right, I'm sure there is definitely a different, better way of doing what I'm trying to do! So here's my situation. I have a schedule of all the games in a sports league with the results of the games played divided in "Home" and " Away" where the data is entered as "Win TeamName" or "Loss TeamName" in each the home and away fields. What I'm trying to do is to keep track of each individual team's win/loss record both home and away seperately. Since the results are already divided into home and away, all I would need to be able to do is to count the wins and losses of a particular team in their respective "Home" and "Away" column. I have all the teams listed in another layout with fields ready for their home and away win/loss records. What I would like is to be able to populate them through a script of some sort so that the records of each indivitual team is updated automatically with every game result entry. I want to be able to keep track of home and away win/loss records, win %, win/loss streaks; and that for each indivitual team. Hope this help you help me.