AnsweredAssumed Answered

counting unique values in a subset of a subsummary without adding a subsummary part

Question asked by jmvatc on Aug 13, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 15, 2014 by jmvatc

Title

counting unique values in a subset of a subsummary without adding a subsummary part

I'm trying to count the number of unique subsets I have within a subsummary.  This thread was very close to what I want, but the calculation yields a count of all the unique records within the subsummary.

I want a count of the number of subsets within those records.

I've created a report for my clients that summarizes our activity for them.  This is already summarized by their organization, and then again by a class of the record.

Since each record is created by an individual employees, I'm trying to count how many employees are involved within each subsummary.

For instance, when all records are shown, I can count that five employees are involved in one organization, but only three in another.  Further down, I can tell that of the five employees, two are associated with one class of record, etc...

How would filemaker calculate that?

I have

clients::client id -< tos::client id

employees::employee id -< tos::employee id

tos::s_employee id = count of ( employee id )

tos::c_eeid_organization = ( 1 / GetSummary ( s_employee id ; organization ) ) {provides inverse of count of records within organization subsummary}

tos::c_eeid_class = ( 1 / GetSummary ( s_employee id ; class ) ) {provides inverse of count of records within each class subsummary}

NB: as suggested in the linked post, summary field s_eeid_organization, total of c_eeid_organization yields 1.

TIA,

Jeremy

FMPRO-ADV 13.0v3, mac os x.9.4

Outcomes