2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2008 1:45 PM by milky

Cover an existing field

milky

Title

Cover an existing field

Hi Guys,

In another database program I used to be able to use the font Wingdings, using lower case n in white as a calculation to cover fields that were not used.

i.e. If(IsEmpty(myfield;"nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn";"") which would return a filled white field the length of the quantity of n's typed in (and height governed by text size) if the nyfield was empty or nothing if it was not empty which would show the text underneath.

My problem is that I can use the wingding font in a text box, but I cannot get it to work in a calculation field.

Any thoughts or workarounds?

Milky

• 1. Re: Cover an existing field
          raybaudi

Hi milky

isn't your idea for printing purpose ?

So it seems... I do not see other realistic purposes.( If a field is empty, why cover it with white "n" chars ? )

"My problem is that I can use the wingding font in a text box, but I cannot get it to work in a calculation field."

Any calculation ( result text ) field can handle wingding font, even with font locking active: hold down Ctrl + Alt while chosing the font.

• 2. Re: Cover an existing field
            milky
               I have text screens and pictures used as buttons on a menu screen that need to be hidden until the user goes to preferences and types text into a Main Menu item field which will then show the text and the button for the user to use on the Main Menu.