2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2009 2:15 PM by rob2

Crash when I start to install FM 8.5

rob2

Title

Crash when I start to install FM 8.5

Since moving to my new MacBook (2.13 GHz dual, 4Gb RAM) and OS10.5.8, my version of Filemaker 8.5 has not running. Finally I removed it and tried re-installing. I keep geeting an instantaneous message, "FM8.5 quit unexpectedly" and numerous times a message has been sent to Apple.

From the crash report it appears the problem is: Translated Code Information:
      Rosetta Version:  21.03
      Args:      /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Support/LaunchCFMApp /Volumes/FileMaker Pro 8.5/FileMaker Pro 8.5/Contents/MacOS/FileMaker Pro 8.5
      Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)

My system Configuration
      Model: MacBook5,2, BootROM MB52.0088.B02, 2 processors, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.13 GHz, 4 GB
      Graphics: kHW_NVidiaGeForce9400MItem, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, sppci_pci_device, 256 MB
      Memory Module: global_name

Any suggestions?

-rob

• 1. Re: Crash when I start to install FM 8.5
          TSGal

rob:

Thank you for your post.

Make sure you are running FileMaker Pro 8.5v2, as 8.5v2 is the first version certified to run on Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5.x).  If you don't have 8.5v2, download it from our web site at:

http://filemaker.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/filemaker.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=6861

If you already have FileMaker Pro 8.5v2, then something else is occurring on your system.  Assuming FileMaker Pro 8.5 is installed correctly, create a new User account on your Mac, switch to the new user account and launch FileMaker Pro 8.5v2.  Do you still get the error message?  If not, then there is something in your original user account that is conflicting with FileMaker Pro.  If you still get the error message, then either your copy of FileMaker Pro 8.5 is bad (download a new copy from the above link) or something in your system is conflicting with FileMaker Pro.  Try reinstalling Mac OS X 10.5.8 on your computer and try again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Crash when I start to install FM 8.5
            rob2

Thanks, this worked!  Had some difficulty deleting some pesky files in the Library but finally it all worked. May thanks.

--R