2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2010 8:52 AM by jbrines

crashing upon launch

PhilLanzisera

Title

crashing upon launch

I am using FIlemaker 11. When I attempt to launch the application, it will almost always hang. I get the Filemaker menu but not the window to choose a file. It hangs and when I go to force quit the listing says "not responding." I will then select force quit.  If I then go to a filemaker database and open that directly from the finder, the application will open normally.

I have fixed permissions, gotten rid of the preferences file, reinstalled the application. None of these steps solves the problem. Does anyone have an idea?

• 1. Re: crashing upon launch

Phil Lanzisera:

Thanks for your post.

First question I have is which version of the operating system are you using? Also, are you opening from a shortcut/alias or the program executable itself in your Applications folder?

Please keep me updated so I can folow up with you on this.

TSRaven,

FileMaker Inc.

• 2. Re: crashing upon launch
            jbrines

I had the same kind of problem with Filemaker crashing all the time.

I found that another application I loaded installed Quicktime on the PC. After I uninstalled Quicktime, Filemaker stopped crashing.

Don't know if you have the same problem, but may be worth looking at, you can always re-install Quicktime if this is not the answer.