3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2009 9:07 AM by raybaudi

Create a data table

keller714

Title

Create a data table

Hello,

How is it possible to create a table within the filemaker table?  (i.e. a table similar to that below within the layout that would appear for each record). I would the information to be displayed in a horizontal fashion so that each horizontal line of data is a part of the category above. 

Student                   Course                     Professor

Sally                       CWRIT 3333.01         Jane Doe

Ben                        CMATH 2421.02         Matthew Robinson

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Create a data table
          raybaudi

Hi

all you need is to create a new layout with the fields you need to display, name it something like "Table View" and set the view of that format to ONLY table view from menu Layouts >> Layout Setup... >> Views.

• 2. Re: Create a data table
            keller714
               Thanks for your suggestion.  The table is apart of each individual record along with other data fields.  How can I make the table appear as a table for each record along with the information from the other fields that are not in the table?
            • 3. Re: Create a data table
              raybaudi

A table view can have an header part and a footer part where you can put other fields.

Another way to view records is the List View.

Last, but not least, you can put a portal into the body of a layout and see the related record ( even auto-related ) in Form View.