7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2011 10:34 AM by MonikaJost

Create a New Record in a table then load information from portal row in a different table

dansan500

Title

Create a New Record in a table then load information from portal row in a different table

I have the following senerio:

Table (PurchaseOrder) for the layout = po#, who pruchased from etc....

Table (PurchaseOrderLine) for the portal rows, Item#, cost, Description .. ect..

IN RECEIVING

Layout using the (PurchaseOrder) table w/ portal rows using Related (PurchaseOrder PurchaseOrder_Status Open)

So it list all open Purchase orders. (in each row there is a small button, when selected, opens a POPUP showing

Line items on the PO. The popup layout uses (PurchaseOrderLine) table. - everything works great up to this point.

HERE is MY PROBLEM:

On a button at the end of each portal item row is designed to Create a NEW RECORD in a table called (RECEIVING)

(1) it is suppose to load the information on the line item Portal row (PurchaseOrderLine) to (RECEIVING)

(2) each item row in the portal has a unique Line item# field..

(3) What I have tried, was using the Line Item# and the Purchase Order# as my relational fields

I can't figure out how to create the New Record in the RECEIVING table and load it with the portal row information from the (OurchaseOrderLine) table..

Can you help PLEASE.....

ScreenShot.jpg