1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 29, 2013 7:34 AM by philmodjunk

Create a range of values from a numeric field in a summary report

RicardoVieiraCarlos

Title

Create a range of values from a numeric field in a summary report

Hello,

I have a db related to my anesthetic procedures.  I would like to create a summary report and some charts from this summary in which I could compare two fields from my databank: body mas index (BMI) X consumption of specific anesthetic drug. However, both fields are numeric fields and it would be better if I could group them in some ranges of values (BMI: 20-24,99; 25-29,99; 30-34,99; 35-39,99... and consumption of anesthetic drugs: up to 200 mg; up to 400 mg; up to 600 mg.......)

I don't know how to set the summary report to group these numeric values in ranges.

I would like to thank in advance for your attention.

Best regards

Ricardo Vieira Carlos

• 1. Re: Create a range of values from a numeric field in a summary report
          philmodjunk

In your example the difference between maximum BMI and minimum BMI in each range is the same. If that is always the case, you can define a calculation field that produces the same number for all BMI values in a given range:

Int ( BMI / 5 )

You can sort on that field to group values for a summary report. You can also use that field as a match field to a related table for Anesthetic consumption if you are recording only one such value for each range of BMI values.