Set Field [ YOurTable::PhoneCalls ; YourTable::PhoneCalls + 1]
Thanks for the prompt response above PhilModJunk. As I'm new to this database design, could you please elaborate as to what I do with the 'code' you've provided above?
I'm not sure where to put it and if anything needs to be before or after the info you've provided above.
Please and thank you.
You can write the script in Manage | Scripts, then use the Perform Script option in button set up to run the script. Or you can just specify this lone script step in button setup.
- Use the button tool to add a button to your layout.
- Scroll down in the button setup dialog until you find Set Field.
- Click it to highlight it and select it for your button.
- Click the first specify button and select your Phonecalls field.
- Click the 2nd specify button and add the expression I posted starting just after the semi-colon (;). Do not type in the semi-colon. Do edit this to specify the actual PhoneCalls field in your database.
Thank you so much. That worked perfectly and saved me hours of trial and error - if I were to have ever figured it out on my own. I hope you don't mind if I post a few more questions as I further design/develop my database.