2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2013 9:24 AM by philmodjunk

Create column chart with multiple years/jan-december on one chart

JohnPiscopo

Title

Create column chart with multiple years/jan-december on one chart

I am new to Filemaker. I am trying to create a column chart from a table with 6 years on the chart with the x-axis being Jan, Feb, Mar, etc.. I have created the chart but can only get one year to list on it. The chart below is for one year Jan-Dec. I need to have this chart show and average for Jan, Feb, etc  for each year with Jan showing 5 columns one for each year. The examples I have found show a single record for the total for the month of Jan, etc.. My records are based on weekly data. The totals are in a single field for all months reguardless of the year. I take the 4 or 5 weeks and select an average for that month. Thank you.

• 1. Re: Create column chart with multiple years/jan-december on one chart
          WesleySantiago

If you meant to attach a graphics, it's not showing.

Photobucket and hotlinking has worked for me.

• 2. Re: Create column chart with multiple years/jan-december on one chart
            philmodjunk

To upload a graphic, just use the controls below Post A Answer, but be sure that your file is of one of the permitted file types.

Information on how your data is structured would be helpful. Do you have multiple records for each month or just one month?

I'd guess that you are charting the values of summary fields and are sorting by two fields, year and month. That won't work with a chart because the sorted groups have to be sorted on a single field.

If my guesses are correct, define this calculation field, cMonth with Date as the result type:
                 YourDateField - Day ( YourDateField ) + 1

This computes the date for the first day of the month for the date in YOurDateField. Sort by this single field to get your records correctly grouped by month and year in chronological order.