AnsweredAssumed Answered

Create list of matches report

Question asked by m10muhammad on Jun 23, 2010
Latest reply on Jun 24, 2010 by m10muhammad

Title

Create list of matches report

Version: FileMaker Pro 11 on Mac OS 10.6.2

Background: My database is used for tracking printing machinery specifically relating to purchases, sales, inquiries, etc. There are three main tables: Contacts, Machinery, and Requests. The Contact table includes all of the people (customer, dealer) associated with the database. The Machinery table includes information on each machine either in stock at the company or available for purchase. The Request table has a form where customer's inquiries can be stored (i.e. they ask for specific make, model, and provide a budget). There is also a relationship that allows for a portal to be made on the Request layout which will list all of the items in Machinery table that have identical characteristics to those in the Request record (so if the request is for a 1999 Komori 2000, the page for that request has a portal which lists any machines in the Machinery table that match those criteria). 

What I want to do is create a columnar list of matches report with columns Contact, Request and Matches where each Contact (identified by Contact ID) will have a list of all requests, and in turn each Request (identified by RequestID) will have a list of matches (identified by MachineID). There is a relationship between Contact and Request that would make this possible. It would look like below:

Contact ID             Request ID              Machine ID

01                           R01                           1000

R02                           1001

0                         R13                            981

Please advise regarding how to create this report. 

Thanks in advance. 

Muhammad. 

Outcomes