AnsweredAssumed Answered

Create new record if criteria is met

Question asked by ultranix on Sep 9, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 13, 2014 by ultranix

Title

Create new record if criteria is met

In my sales CRM I sometimes forget to add next action (which is, basically, a new record in portal with date, time and type (call/meet/mail) filled, but INFO field empty.

What I want to accomplish. In INFO field (a_info) of current record I always place comment of current action and put date (6 digit) and time of next action. For example, comment could look like this: "Decided to try and sell by himself for two weeks, so I will follow up on 140923 10.15" (i.e. on 23rd of September, 2014, 10:15 a.m.).

Format of next action date and time is always the same - 6 digit date and 4 digit time, separated with a dot (141001 14.00).

So, whenever such pattern is met, script trigger could execute onobjectexit and check, 1) whether pattern is present (because, if it's final action, no next action is planned) 2) if pattern is found - create new record with fields: a_date (from 6 digit date, i.e. 141001 - 1st of october, 2014), a_time (from 4 digit time separated by dot, i.e. 10.15 - 10:15 a.m.) and go to field a_type (call/meet/mail).

How do I do that?

Outcomes