Title

create paragraph from group of fields

In my dbase I have the following fields:

Author [Sturgill, Mack D. and Kenneth L.]

Title [Smyth County Virginia Cemeteries, Volumne 4]

Date of Publication [1998]

Publisher [Dean Tucker Printing]

Place of Publication [Marion, VA]

I want to take the contents of those fields and string them together as a paragraph like so (with commas and periods between them:

Sturgill, Mack D. and Kenneth L. Smyth County Virginia Cemeteries, Volumne 4. 1998, Dean Tucker Printing, Marion, VA.

Can anyone tell me how I can accomplish that? It seems like it should be fairly easy, but I've tried using <<Author>>, etc. and using the sliding features, but, it doesn't seem to do what I want it to. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Stokesy

• 1. Re: create paragraph from group of fields
          ninja

Howdy Stokesy,

If sliding and printing doesn't do it for you, have you tried assembling the info in a single calculation field?

Claculation in the form of:  (Note:  "Table1::" used to differentiate fields from text)

Table1::author & " " & Table1::Title & ". " & Table1:: DateofPublication & "," & ....etc.........

Does that get you where your trying to go?

• 2. Re: create paragraph from group of fields
            philmodjunk

<<Author>> <<Title>>. <<Date of Publication>>, <<Publisher>>, <<Place of Publication>>.

That should do what you want--assuming that all the fields are part of the same table and your layout is set to refer to this table. If that isn't working for you, in what way is it failing to work?