3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2014 7:18 AM by philmodjunk

Create PDF with 2 records per page

lorenamusser

Title

Create PDF with 2 records per page

I am creating a book with Filemaker where each page has the same layout, but the information changes.  My final product I want to be 8 1/2 X 11 Landscape that would fold in 1/2. 

I am looking for suggestions on how to get 1 record to display on the left & the next record to display on the right; then ultimately save as a pdf.  Right now when I save as pdf, I am getting a blank page in between each page and my pages with text only have 1 record showing on the left and the right side is blank.  Thoughts, suggestions??

• 1. Re: Create PDF with 2 records per page
          philmodjunk

In layout setup, there's an option for printing your output in columns. You should be able to set up your layout for two column printing. You will not see two columns in Browse mode but you will be able to use Preview mode to check what you'll get when you save as PDF.

• 2. Re: Create PDF with 2 records per page
            lorenamusser

Thanks Phil.  I had seen that and was trying it, but kept getting a message about the body being to long...so I had taken it off.  For some reason I have to set my body height to 7.99 (not 8) with 1/4 inch margin on each side.  Thanks again.

• 3. Re: Create PDF with 2 records per page
              philmodjunk

The printer setup options and margin settings that you select will determine the height of the "printable area" on your PDF. The paper size, orientation and any Layout Setup specified top margins all control How much space is available. That then will be further reduced by by any header or footer that you specify. And since there are a lot of calculations involved, a bit of round off error might result in an 8 inch body being one hundredth of an inch too tall.