1 Reply Latest reply on May 21, 2015 6:48 AM by philmodjunk

Create related portal records from a found set of a parent

RockSure

Title

Create related portal records from a found set of a parent

FMPA13/windows

Have no clue but think this is going to involve script step and loops. 
      I have a Mailer table that I will import new data into every week. 

Mailer is the parent and Mailer Action is the child. 
      After import to the Mailer table, I do a find (which I would also like to automate) then I would need to create a new related record in Mailer Action with the current date, media type sent (value list) and campaign it is part of. Each of the 3 fields that I am creating would all be the same value respectively , all same date, all the same media type, all the same campaign for this creation 

I would like to batch process the portal creation.  Just don't now how to approach it. 

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Create related portal records from a found set of a parent
          philmodjunk

I do a find (which I would also like to automate)

For examples of scripted finds: Scripted Find Examples

I would need to create a new related record in Mailer Action with the current date, media type sent (value list) and campaign it is part of.

If this data is all in the records of your found set, you might use Import records to generate the set of related records, mapping the primary key of your parent records to the foreign key of your child records. (Yes, you can use import records to copy records from one table to another i the same file just like you would for different files.)

You also have the replace field contents tool as an option for updating every record in a found set--either in the parent table or the child (import records produces a found set of the newly imported records).