7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2010 11:56 PM by WoTin

Create Web form using IWP, URL ONLY display one IWP file(not all files in the IWP default home page)

WoTin

Title

Create Web form using IWP, URL ONLY display one IWP file(not all files in the IWP default home page)

Hi,

I am new to File maker and IWP. I use visual basic most of the time.

I want to create web form for users to submit data online.  When submitted it will check mandatory fields not empty and generate reply email to user if data are ok.  Questions:  1. Can this be done ? Any similar sample database?  2. Use test URL (http://nnn.n.nnn.nnn:591/fmi/iwp/cgi?-db=mytestfilename&-loadframes ). This URL ok tested internally. But when friends from another state  use this URL try to open the database - error – cannot open this web page.   3. How to use URL only open one particular IWP file.  If there are a few IWP files opened/listed in the fmi/iwp default home page, don’t want users see other IWP files.

4. Can user submit file attachments(Word or pdf) using the web form? Is Container field IWP compatible? or need to use send email with attachment?

Thanks.