1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 20, 2012 7:02 AM by philmodjunk

Create window with different layout

RedL

Title

Create window with different layout

When I create a new window, it will duplicate current window.  It is OK for most of cases.  But, it will trig layout exit script when I change layout to different layout on the new window.  Th layout exit script will be triged when exit original window, which is main window on our design, but cannot be triged on the new window which is working window.

is that possible to create a new window with different layout, not duplicating current layout? For example a simple layout without any script, which will solve our issue?

• 1. Re: Create window with different layout
          philmodjunk

Unless you are using Go TO Related Record to open the new window, you must do it in 2 steps: New Window, Then Go to layout.

But this does not have to trip any layout based script triggers in undesirable ways.

I recommend that you rewrite your scripts that are tripped by such triggers as exit layout to be like this:

If [ Not $$TriggersOff ]
                  Put your original script here
               End IF

Then, a script that uses go to layout and thus which might trip this trigger can do it this way:

Set Variable [$$TriggersOff ; value: True ]
               Go To Layout
               Set Variable [$$TriggersOff ; value: False ]