AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating a "map" of my garden and plants

Question asked by KlasNilsson on Apr 17, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 18, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Creating a "map" of my garden and plants

I've created a database of my garden plants with information about flowering/harvesting periods, care instructions and more. I'd like to ad a map of the garden where I can mark up the locations of my plants, and would like any input from this forum with tips and hopefully even examples on how to do this.

My idea is to have an image map of the garden with a grid mark of square buttons overlaying it, similar to a game board for Battleship. Each button works similar to a check box with two states, totally transparent or 50% transparent (and brightly colored), corresponding to a database field that collects information on which button is "checked" and which is not. This way I can bring my database on my iPad out in the garden and for each plant (and year) mark up the squares on the maps that represents the positions of the plant. A sample picture is added to this post with the squares in blue.

Questions:

Is it possible to set transparency of a square/button at all, and specifically with a script?
     Any thoughts on using checkboxes linked to one field? Is it better to have one field per "square"?
     Any other ideas on how to realize my plan?

garden.jpg

Outcomes