1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 7, 2013 1:00 PM by philmodjunk

Creating a Cross Tab table from a Find/Sort

gregdc

Title

Creating a Cross Tab table from a Find/Sort

I need a push in the right direction for this ( I am new at FM Pro Advanced).

Goal:  Create a cross tab table from a Find/Sort that will display well in the Client AND IWP

What I have so far:   I have the Find/Sort working the way I need it.  The right records are showing up: Year, Items

What I need to create is:

Year                     Count
                          2011                     1000
                          2012                     1500
                          2013                     3000
                          Grand Total                     5500

Thanks for any help you can give me

• 1. Re: Creating a Cross Tab table from a Find/Sort
          philmodjunk

That doesn't look like a cross tab report.

It does look like a typical summary report that can be produced in FileMaker using a sub summary layout part to produce one row for each year.

But that won't work in IWP. sad

But you could set up a table with one record for each year and base your layout on it. Both the relationship and/or portal filters can be employed to produce the totals shown in the Count column.

Exactly how you implement that part of the system will depend on the criteria you use in performing your find.