3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2015 7:39 AM by philmodjunk

creating a currency drop down field on invoice input page

JOESMITH

Title

creating a currency drop down field on invoice input page

Dear Filemaker FORUM

I am working on FM PRO 13 and I want to create a drop down menu at the invoice input page that I can choose the currency ( from a fixed list ) and when i press the print invoice button - the invoice's currency is the one I chose. I am using starter solution from FM.

thanks

JOE

• 1. Re: creating a currency drop down field on invoice input page
          philmodjunk

It appears that you just want to change the currency symbol used on the dollar amounts on your layout.

I don't think that you want to recalculate currency values via an exchange rate if you change the currency selected in this field...

You can define a text field to format with this value list of currency symbols.

You can then remove the currency symbol from your data formatting on all currency fields and put this text field to the left of them. For a layout set up for printing the invoice, you can also use Merge text that includes both the currency symbol field and a currency amount field to show the symbol to the immediate left of the left most numeric digit.

• 2. Re: creating a currency drop down field on invoice input page
            JOESMITH

HI PHIL

good day...

thanks so much for your prompt reply. Yes, I only want to do the field on the invoice details layout. I am using FM 13 starter solution

" INVOICES" -

ok as per your directive -

i will create a TEXT FIELD with all the Currencies on the drop down to be selected. Question 1 - is there a currency list FM already has done- like in INSPECTOR box? - can i copy / relationship from there?

question 2 - I must admit I am not a computer person. know very little - can you suggest a person (consultant) that can work with me on this? - I also started a new database (INVENTORY) - for my products and need some tweeking on that database too! Running FM SERVER 13

THX SO MUCH. Have a nice day. JOE

• 3. Re: creating a currency drop down field on invoice input page
              philmodjunk

You will have to create your own value list. No such value list is accessible for a field in the database.

I cannot recommend a consultant. But you can ask for one here in this forum or select the consultant option from the Support drop down at the top of this screen.