1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 14, 2011 11:00 AM by philmodjunk

Creating a Custom Login Page with IWP

dgreensp_1

Title

Creating a Custom Login Page with IWP

I have a database I want to put online for my clients to be able to login and see their personal information.  Each client has an ID and password in the database.  I want the client to go to a layout where they are forced to enter their ID and Password and then hit submit and it will take them ONLY to their client page.  I currently have an OPEN script setup where they are taken to a layout that is in find mode and asks them to enter their information and then hit submit.  If they enter the information incorrect there is no way (that I can find) that will tell them they have entered incorrect information and instead it will take them to the browse screen of the last client that was on the database - this is really not good for privacy reasons.  I know there must be some script or some way of doing this without using a Perform Find Script.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Darren

• 1. Re: Creating a Custom Login Page with IWP
          philmodjunk

Since each user has their own account name and password, you can set up record access settings that limit them to only being able to see their records.

See "Editing record access privileges" in FileMaker Help and check out this particular sub section: "Entering a formula for limiting access on a record-by-record basis" for a detailed description of how to set this up.