1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 9, 2008 12:12 PM by TSGal

Creating a Help system using one layout

shawnj985

Title

Creating a Help system using one layout

I am attempting to create a Help system using layouts.

I am using one layout with several Subject headings and below them the respective help text. These headings also have object names attached so when I go to a particular object name, its suppose to go to a particular subject heading within the layout.

so far, this is not working. It merely goes to the top of the layout.

Example:
      Go to [layout name]
      Go to Object [Object Name]

NOTE: Even if it was working, I haven't been able to figure out a way to use a variable field of some type in the second command to make it more flexible. Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Creating a Help system using one layout
          TSGal

shawnj985:

Thank you for your post.

I have tried a number of different things, and I have discovered that this is a problem with a Macintosh when using the Scripts menu.  If I place a button on the screen in the current layout, it does scroll.  If I either choose the script from the Scripts menu or have a button on another layout, it fails.

I could not duplicate the problem on a Windows machine.

I have reported this inconsistency to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments so they can get a better understanding of the issue.

In the mean time, a workaround would be to create separate layouts for each help menu item.  I know this is way less than ideal, but I can't think of a better solution.  Anyone else?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.