AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating a layout that contains Form Elements and a List View simultaneously...

Question asked by ThomasKitts on Feb 8, 2011
Latest reply on Feb 10, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Creating a layout that contains Form Elements and a List View simultaneously...

Definitely a newbie question here...

Question: Is it possible to created a FMP layout that can emulate fields being added to a list layout?

On the left of a FM screen layout, I'd like to have a column that contains check boxes, and when checked, cause fields to appear in the area to the right, an area which would represent an actual report print out. Then, I'd like a second column to contain additional check box items which can be used to filter the report. (Essentially, say, a control panel that can add inventory information to the report and then filter or subtotal the contents by client or vendor.) And once the user has created the layout they want, and see it visually confirmed, be able to print that report out.

I've seen this accomplished using two FMP windows in a run-time application, presumably using both a Form and List view which are somehow connected. But my question is, can this be done within a single window? I find using two windows to perform this task to be somewhat confusing to the user.

If this can't be done I sure like to know. Don't want to waste time trying to figure it out.

TIA

thokitts

Outcomes