2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2015 6:33 AM by mrkieth

Creating a Line Graph

mrkieth

Title

Creating a Line Graph

Forum,

I'm trying to create a line graph in FileMaker pro 13 Advance and the problem i'm having is the chart or graph is giving me duplicate numbers and the numbers are in a vertical order. This database is setup to run a Fiscal Year report. But in setting this up I ran into this problem with the line graph. The table information is setup as such and the table is called: LRC Enrollment

The table is managed in this order:

The fields are setup in this manner:

LRC_Enrollment_Relationships.jpg

• 1. Re: Creating a Line Graph
          philmodjunk

There is quite bit of additional info needed to answer your question.

On which of these table occurrences is the layout where you are attempting to chart this data based?

What exactly are you trying to chart from the ODE LRC Enrollment table? What will each axis of this chart represent? How many y series of data will you need. (how many lines on your chart?)

What chart options have you attempted?

• 2. Re: Creating a Line Graph
            mrkieth

Phil,

Thanks for responding!

I know it's a lot! The answer to your first question is the LRC Enrollment table. Second, I'm trying to chart the FY 2013, FY 2014 and FY 2015. Third, I need the X-Axis to represent the FY 2013, FY 2014 and FY 2015 and have the Y-Axis display the Title FY 2013 FY 2014 FY 2015. I would only need just one (1) line on the chart.

It's funny because I can use the other chart options; pie chart, columns, area and even the line chart when changing the data source to Current Found Set (Individual record data) and it works, but it doesn't work! For the line chart it give me more lines then I need and it gives me duplicate numbers and not just one number for each Fiscal Year.

Here is an example of what I mean....

Hope this helps.

Again thanks Phil for your help.