AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating a new asset / event management DB

Question asked by ChrisPardy_1 on Mar 12, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 14, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Creating a new asset / event management DB

Hello FM guru's.

Because I have a very basic understanding of database and filemaker I have been tasked with creating an asset / events management database.. I have a good Idea of what I want it to look like but not sure of the best way to get there,  and I am hoping someone here might point me in the right direction. I have tried to use some of the FMP 11 starter solutions but they just don't seem quite right for what I am trying to pull off.

THe DB needs to track events. I need to create a new event, that can have several documents attached to it (easy). The even has a start and end date, and uses assets from a separate inventory table.

The 2 things I cant really get my head around is how can I filter and select the assets from an inventory and add them to the event, and how can I show that the items are in use if another event is happening at the same time so the same item can not be double booked.

What I have started with tables called: Events, Inventories, caladar.

the clanadar is the join table for Events and Inventories containing FK's from both.

but its at this point where I get stuck in the muck and don't really get how to proceed. A nudge in the right direction would be very much appriciated.. thanks.

CP

events_assets.jpg

Outcomes