4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2015 10:39 PM by tays01s

Creating a new series of records

tays01s

Title

Creating a new series of records

If I had a series of records 'A, B, C .....Z' and wanted to create separate series of records say, '1_A, 1_B... etc' and '2_A, 2_B.... etc' with the same fields formats

&

put these onto a layout en masse,

how would I do it?

• 1. Re: Creating a new series of records
          philmodjunk

That's a bit hard to answer without a more detailed explanation. Including why you would want to use such a scheme--what problem does it solve for you?

Perhaps you can post an example of what you want to do using this method...

• 2. Re: Creating a new series of records
            tays01s

Attached is a series of fields that represent the units of measure for some parameters. However, I also need a series for the minimum and maximum values. I'd like to know how to create such series, where I'm using a modification of a field name, and put the fields onto a layout with minimum effort.

• 3. Re: Creating a new series of records
              philmodjunk

Still scratching my head as there are many different ways you might do that but most are unlikely to be the best option for you.

Does that example mean that you want three records in place of the current example that you posted? One record for minimum values, one record for the value shown (perhaps a mean or median value?) and one record for the maximum value?

Also not sure what you mean by "I'm using a modification of a field name"

• 4. Re: Creating a new series of records
                tays01s

No, I want 3 fields for every one shown above. So, at present there's a Glucose_unit field, but I'll also want a Glucose_min and Glucose_max fields. I've come across several instances of when, once I've got a series of fields, I then want another series paralleling the first series and often use part of the field name from the first series.

It's easy enough to select the series, duplicate then adjust the name, but how do you get the whole new series to appear on the layout, rather than dropping in individual new fields.